problem with Photoshop Elements 2

kimtrnc 13:27 24 Jul 2009

Yes - ok, I know it's out of the Ark, but I like it.
Has a very easy way of batch compressing pics for emailing. Only it's now refusing to do that, giving me messages like required file not available. I did have to reinstall recently after a crash, and it was a bit picky about that, actually. Any ideas, please?

T I M B O 16:22 24 Jul 2009

I also use this version of elements and works well, but i must say i have not had this problem. But you can try removing as best as you can with Revo, then use ccleaner to tidy up afterwards. Here is some software i use with xp and works great !! >> click here

Ccleaner from here>> click here

Revo>> click here

skidzy 06:37 25 Jul 2009

Im unsure if support is still availble for version PSE 2 but you maybe missing some updates due to your reinstall.

From the Help menu...select updates and follow the prompts.

Just in case your interested,i picked up a used copy of PSE 7 two weeks ago for £30 delivered from Amazon.
This was not actually used.It was still factory sealed with license key but no original box.

Irfanview will batch process for you for free if so wished click here

Sound advice from Timbo and probably your best bet first.

ened 08:53 25 Jul 2009

I don't know if there is still support but the Adobe Forum is very good and presumably there will be opther people on there still using v2.

click here

kimtrnc 09:43 25 Jul 2009

thanks for all your suggestions.
Timbo - always use CC and yesterday's run did not pick up anything to do with PSE
Revo - use this too, and it's got me out of a number of holes before, but not this time, unfortunately!

Skidzy that sounded good, but there were no available updates. Certainly going to try Irfan View - years since I've used it, but it sounds a good idea.

Ened - have posted on the Adobe forum ( and what a performance that was, like ANYTHING Adobe ....ever tried installing a Flash Player update?)

Will report back any progress, thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017