Problem with PCMCIA network card in XP

hue 18:29 20 May 2004

I have a Time 300 model laptop that had windows Me installed, AMD K6 prossesor and 256 Mb Memory,8 Meg used by the Graphics card. I have a Genius MF3000 Se PCMCIA network card that worked fine in this setup. I installed XP and now the card does not work as it is not seen by the system. When I install the drivers the system tells me there is a problem with the device and it can't be started, Code 10. Can anyone help with this please?

spikeychris 19:47 20 May 2004

Looks like the driver is starting then stopping before it initialises. Theres a couple of M$ site you can have a look at click here
click here thing is #813707 refers to a hotfix that will solve this
problem. The article states that the fix can be downloaded
by clicking on a link later in the article. However, there
is no link anywhere in the article. It appears the fix is not available for public download. You might have to
call Product Support to get the fix. click here;EN-GB;incidentsubmit

hue 01:12 30 May 2004

Thanks for the responce and sorry for the delay. Had a look at the pages and it has not helped as I could not track down the link and the help from Microsoft just lost me. I have sent an email to Time computers to see if they can help, although I'm not holding my breath. If anyone else has an Idea I would welcome it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?