Problem with pci wireless card

eriktheviking 22:57 04 Feb 2007

Hi as soon as i install my wireless card i rebbot pc runs for about 20 seconds then just hangs if i remove the card reboot it works fine.Also when i look in device manager there seems to be an awful lot of drivers installed for one card.Any help would be much appreciated.My router is a Safe Com SWBARR-5400,pci card is a Safe Com SWLPR-5400 i got both same makes to cut down on problems.

PalaeoBill 11:59 05 Feb 2007

If you installed the drivers before putting the pci card in the PC, this can sometimes cause a problem.

Alternatively if it did boot with the card in prior to you installing the drivers. Download the latest drivers form Safe Com this may fix it.

Either way you need to remove the drivers that are on your PC now. This should help explain how.

click here

If that fails, write back and I am sure someone will talk you through checking the PCI settings in your PC's BIOS.

dms05 13:06 05 Feb 2007

Safecom have a very good forum. I've used from time to time click here . I reinforce the need to (a) remove any drivers you have installed (b) remove the PCI card then (c) install the drivers (d) install the PCI card. Safecom products seem very prone to this particular requirement of drivers installed before hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017