Problem with PCA site (I think) and vibrant..help

bof:) 22:45 20 Jul 2003

Hi All,

neighbour bought Pc today and he e is using winME version 4.90.3000, IE5, NTL dialup, AVG and Zone Alarm.

I tried to show him the PCA site so that he could put any problems he gets on here but all I kept getting upon opening the site was box after box with the webpage,

B_Vibrant.news_sport_mobile_IT Content/Hutchinson_UK/2_Vibrant_120/security until the PC put up a blue screen of death and the onlyoption I had was to reboot.

I attempted to download 'SpywareBlaster' but got a message saying:

runtime error 339 MSCOMCTLDCX missing or invalid.

I have downloaded and run 'Ad aware' and 'SpyBlaster Search and Destroy' I've also downloaded the IE5 security patches but when I try to get onto the PCA site, I get 'B_Vibrant' boxes until the PC crashes.

At present I an downloading IE6. But after that I will be stumped. Has anyone got any thoughts on where to go from here?

Many thanks,

Mike

Jester2K II 22:48 20 Jul 2003

Runtime Error 339: MSCOMCTL.ocx missing

Download the file from below, unzip it and copy it to the windows/system folder.

click here

Jester2K II 22:50 20 Jul 2003

Common User Issues/Missing Files:
Does SpywareBlaster not run, and report that a file named "msvbvm60.dll" is missing?
If so, downloading the following MS run-time installer will install the missing file and
allow you to use SpywareBlaster without any problems:
click here

Do you get an error that "MSCOMCTL.OCX" cannot be found?
If so, use the following installer to copy the file to your system:
click here

Jester2K II 22:51 20 Jul 2003

Use the second linkin the second posting above.

As for the Vibrant problem...

Shamrock7 23:49 20 Jul 2003

Hi All, I've downloaded, IE6 and installed all of the files you've supplied. Run Spyware blaster and 'B_Vibrant etc' is still loading on this page.

It loads twice as the page appears and twice after you log on... then it attempts to load stacks of times. I also ran Ad aware 6 after rebooting PC once I'd downloaded the files from the sites you've given me.

It seems that its only this site because Google and Downloads.com do not get the 'B_Vibrant' traetment when we access them.

Any more ideas please. have to go to bed now cos neighbour is throwing me out...lol

Mike

(Ps he says I'm 'fibbin')

Shamrock7 00:11 21 Jul 2003

Hi All,

Silly me i overlooked the zipped file you provided..we unzipped it and it seems to have worked.

Thanks very much for all your help...neighbour now happy and made me a cuppa!!!!

Thanks again,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?