Problem with outlook when trying to attach photos

Daisy22 12:05 15 Jul 2009

In outlook express I get the following message when trying to attach photos "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error".

I am using internet ex 8, O/S Windows XP, this problem has only just started and worked fine before.

How can I cure it please?

Many thanks

T I M B O 12:09 15 Jul 2009

worked fine before what excatly ??

oldbeefer2 12:19 15 Jul 2009

Easier way is to use Picasa free from click here. Lets you organise pictures and email them directly (also shrinks them to a suitable size).

Daisy22 12:41 15 Jul 2009

Tried Picasa oldbeefer2, got the same error message.

Timbo, I'm not exactly sure, lately I've had emails bounce back to one of my regular contacts, although most of the time the recipient still receives the email.

I've recently downloaded internet explorer 8, but not sure if that is doing it. Sorry to be vague but it's only this week that I've tried sending photos and noticed the problem

oldbeefer2 13:17 15 Jul 2009

"I've recently downloaded internet explorer 8, but not sure if that is doing it". In that case, I'd be tempted to roll back to IE7 and see if the problem is still there. Not sure why, as from the symptoms would seem as though it's OE that's the problem (used by Picasa for emails).

Daisy22 14:29 15 Jul 2009

It is when I am in windows explorer, and trying to send photos through MY PICTURES that it seems to be the problem.

When I am in outlook itself, it sends photos but as they are larger pictures it takes ages to send.
Via WE you have the option to make pictures smaller - maybe there is a way to do this in Outlook?

oldbeefer2 15:32 15 Jul 2009

I think that is using OE as the vehicle for sending the emails, so suspect a problem with OE.

oldbeefer2 15:34 15 Jul 2009

You could always use this click here to resize pics and then attache to email as normal. May be worth a try!

Curio 19:03 15 Jul 2009

Have a look at this. A little bit of freebie magic
click here
Scroll down to Shrink pic

woodchip 20:52 15 Jul 2009

you need to edit them, i.e resize, before you try to attach to mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?