I recently (after moving to Germany) changed to a German DSL provider. When I was doing the settings, every time that it asked me if I wanted to retain the old details, I said yes, as I still use the old e-mail address. The POP3 settings seem fine, as I can receive messages, but I get an error message every time I try to send from Outlook. It's fine using the webmail portal. I'm running XP Pro with Office 2000.
Thought I had - when I started puzzling with this I went into Tools/Accounts and added the POP3 and SMTP details I was given by my ISP, and set them as default. I have noticed, however, that when I do send/receive it still connects to "fish" (the old ISP) and not arcor (the new)
On OE click tools - accounts - mail - select your isp and select properties - go to the connection tag tick the box which says always connect to this account using - and then in the drop down box select your new isp