Problem Outlook Express

Sorted 12:03 09 Feb 2005

I am using Outlook Express 6.0 on windows XP home. Just recently, any messages received i.e from Amazon etc - the advertising/picture boxes just show a box with a red X - is this something to do with Outlook settings or may be a problem with my graphics card? or something else?
your help would be appreciated

zipdrive 12:13 09 Feb 2005

Try the following. From the menu along the top of Outlook, select Tools, then options from the drop down menu. Now click on the Security tab. Uncheck the box that says "block images and other external content in HTML e-mails". Now try the mail.

I have this checked myself. If I do get any emails with photos, I click in the yellow banner across the top of the email to show the pictures. I am using XP Home with SP2.

Chezdez 12:17 09 Feb 2005

personally, i would leave it like this (mines like this)

basically, there is a block on downloading pictures, which also means that spyware/adaware/virus's are much less likely to infect your system

then when you get an e-mail from someone you "trust", right click on the cross, and select download pictures

Sorted 13:06 09 Feb 2005

Yeah both replies seem good

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?