Problem with Orange Broadband disconnecting

dotty44 21:41 14 Oct 2008

Hi can anyone tell me the reason that my orange broadband connection keeps going off,i have had it ok for the last 12 months and suddenly it has started to dissconect when i am trying to send e-mails with windows mail , the dial up box keeps coming up and will only stay connected for a short while , sometimes this will happen about six times over a short time .has anyone else had this problem , this also happens when i am on the internet, thank you Dotty 44.

mrwoowoo 02:09 15 Oct 2008

I have had horendous problems as well lately,but with AOL.Checked with friends and workmates who are also on AOL and they have had the same problems although AOL have now sorted it after initially failing to admit to a server outage problem.
What i'm saying is that if you haven't changed anything on your pc lately to cause it,then check with others on Orange before you staert messing about with settings as it could be a problem at Oranges end.
A safe bet though is to do a system restore to before you had the problem as you can always reverse it if it makes no difference.
Do try to find out if Orange have problems first though before trying anything else.

laurie53 07:33 15 Oct 2008

Had this problem some months ago.

After much trouble found it was the telephone lead between the wall socket and the Livebox.

Try a substitution.

dotty44 23:23 28 Oct 2008

Thanks mrwoowoo and Laurie53, i thought i was doing something wrong , as my daughter is on AOL and is not recieving my e-mails even when it is showing that they are sent in my sent box.but i am recieving mail ,but it goes off line again after the e-mails are downloaded and i have to dial up again,i have now contacted Orange Problem site and i am waiting for there reply.

martin p 08:42 29 Oct 2008

In Windows Mail, go to tools, then options, then connections, finally untick, Hang up after sending and receiving.
Martin

dotty44 23:03 29 Oct 2008

Thank you Martin p , i think that has done the trick , Orange support service gave me the same
advise as you , dottie 44.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?