problem opening .mix files

ria 19:22 09 Mar 2007

I found some old family photos with a .mix extension on a CD. I understand these files are “Microsoft Picture It” and “Microsoft PhotoDraw files”, programs which are no longer available. How can open these files so I can save them in a different format? I tried the suggestions on click here to use MS Word or MS Paint. None of that worked.
Does anyone have the URL for a website to download a free viewer? Does a free viewer even exist?

SANTOS7 19:27 09 Mar 2007

click here

follow thread ria, it may help,good luck..

jay.p 23:26 09 Mar 2007

can you not right click on one of the files,click on properties and on open with change to whichever programme you want to open it with.
sorry if barking up wrong tree but just a thought.

britto 00:17 10 Mar 2007

click here
third one down using word may help got no .mix files to try myself.

britto 08:40 10 Mar 2007

I renamed a .jpg to .mix and used the word method mentioned in the links above to convert then save it the only thing I found is to select Enhanced Metafile in the word conversion box not Picture It,
This may work with an original .mix file.

ria 20:37 11 Mar 2007

As I don’t have a program that opens .mix files the suggestion about opening up properties and using a different program did not work. Thankfully the link from SANTOS7 and then downloading PolyView worked a treat. The trial version allowed me to save the photos in JPEG format and also in PSD format. The latter meant it didn’t reduce the file to much. I am seriously considering purchasing the program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?