Problem with Norton Internet Security

A.W. 12:03 18 Dec 2004

Can't turn the intrusion detection on for Norton Internet Security Professional.
When I click to turn it on, an ! appears with the message; failed to save setting,please verify that your windows account is not restricted.
Can anybody help?

tornado3 12:16 18 Dec 2004

cant be of any help but ive got the same kind of problem. still trying to sort it.

FREEDY 11:11 30 Dec 2004

had this problem too after looking through the help files on nortons website the best solution was to uninstall and re install the program this stopped the problem i was having.i also remember it being something to do with a bug in one of the updates which i think has been fixed hope this helps

ReyesKing 11:13 30 Dec 2004

Internet security 2005 is the bane of society. I have it and it slows my PC on shutdown about tenfold to this day something called ccApp runs and hogs resources, to this day i dont know how to solve it :-*(

Pine Man 12:13 30 Dec 2004

Have you tried Symantecs web site. It is very good for resolving problems and can actually check out your set up interactively and fix it.
I know NIS slows your system down but its a small price to pay for security!

ReyesKing 13:29 30 Dec 2004

really pine man? how do they do that? i have emailed a techincal suppotr person but the suggestions have all failed so far.

pc moron 14:31 30 Dec 2004

Any help? click here

Pine Man 14:58 30 Dec 2004

ReyesKing - you need to have faith! Have you really tried the automated support assistant. I have on several occasions and been pleasantly surprised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?