Problem with Nero 6.6.1.15 and DVD+RW

Drusen 21:33 28 Jan 2008

I've been trying to burn a DVD+RW using Nero, but to no avail.

Today, I bought a DVD-RW disc and I downloaded the latest Nero upgrade. This time the burn worked.

I checked the original Nero installation disk and on the label it says: 'FOR DVD-REWRITERS ONLY'. I presume this means that it will not work with DVD+/- (dual format) REWRITERS.

This is odd, though, because the DVD drive's installation, etc, instructions are included on the Nero disk and, in the specifications, it says that the drive is dual format. Strange.

Should I contact Nero, ask them if my deductions are correct and if - somehow - I can use my RW disks?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

eedcam 22:31 28 Jan 2008

Its not Nero that decides its your actual burner. Download this free burner Imgburn
click here
when installed go to tools >drive > capabilities you will then see a list of what your drive can read and burn the boxes ticked is what it can use .You cannot tick the boxes

Stuartli 23:32 28 Jan 2008

The latest Nero6 version is 6.6.1.15c - I have no burning problems with either CD or DVD media using it.

I know Nero6 will burn to dual layer disks and LightScribe disks, but I've never used either type to date.

BRYNIT 23:48 28 Jan 2008

Nero Will allow you to burn to what ever you CD/DVD rewriter will allow.

If you look in your Nero folder under tools and click on Nero Info tool if will scan you CD/DVD rewriter and tell you what disks your drive is capable of reading and writing to.

Or you can download Nero info tool from click here

Drusen 21:45 29 Jan 2008

Thanks for your help.

I contacted PCNextday where I bought my PC from and the technical chap got back very quickly with a link for a firmware update and a table of compatible disks. (Needless to say, the Tesco ones are not listed.)

Unfortunately, the firmware update did not help; so I'll select a brand from his list and buy a pack and hope for the best.

I downloaded Imgburn, but I'm afraid not even that can cope with the Tesco DVD+RW disks.

Anybody got any suggestions about what I can do with 25 useless Tesco DVD+RW disks?

eedcam 22:56 29 Jan 2008

Take them back you're not the first to have trouble with Tesco's own

lofty29 09:26 30 Jan 2008

Always buy mine online, have only ever bought cheapies both r and wr,+ &-, out of several hundred over the years have only had about 6 coasters

Drusen 21:26 31 Jan 2008

Thanks for the replies.

I would be on to Tesco in a flash for a refund, but it's ages since I bought the disks and I no longer have the receipt.

Stuartli 00:27 01 Feb 2008

But they are own label disks so the problem is not as difficult as it may appear.

I've always found Tesco customer service to be 100 per cent spot on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?