Problem with my router's download speed (I think)

ItsPatrickCarr 22:26 16 Jan 2014

OK, so since I got this new router, my internet has been weird, especially with Flash player. So YouTube buffers weirdly, and other sites buffer even more weirdly, I know it's my router because I went on my dad's laptop and he has the same problem on his. I reset the router and it fixed it, for a day or so.

It's doing it again now, I tried resetting again, didn't help. If anyone has a solution to this problem, I'd appreciate it, or advice, anything's helpful. :)

Thanks.

It's messed up other stuff as well, loading web pages for example, so sory if I accidentally post this twice. :P

alanrwood 12:11 17 Jan 2014

If you are certain it is the router then why not get it swapped by whoever supplied it to you. If ity was your ISP them maybe a call to their support about the correct settings would result in a better performance.

Taurus 13:06 26 Feb 2014

Try logging on to your router and changing the channel. It may be that there is a lot of traffic on the channel you are using and that is slowing you down. Choose channel 1, 6 or 11 for best results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?