problem with my computer anyone please help me!

AnnabonD05 16:38 02 Jun 2017

I have an PC with configuration - AMD athlon X64 processor - Asus M2N-MX board - a windows 7 OS

the problem is I had bought this PC from a relative and this thing gets struck in boot logo of windows 7 and somehow I fixed it and now again the same problem for fifth time. and I'm fixing the PC for every 2 weeks and its making me go mad. and whenever I clear all the partitions and install clean windows 7 it gets struck in completing installation. and making me to kick the CPU . Can anyone help me please!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:16 02 Jun 2017

Run a disk chk and a memory test

AnnabonD05 01:32 03 Jun 2017

how to run? should I run from windows installion menu?

AnnabonD05 01:33 03 Jun 2017

how to run? should I run from windows installion menu?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:39 03 Jun 2017

tap F8 as it powers on - takes you to menus where you can select command prompt.

at command prompt type chkdsk /f/r press enter and let the test complete.

to do a memory test best to use something like memtest86 free version boot from a USb and run it.

MJS WARLORD 15:19 03 Jun 2017

to do memory test you dont need software , just type windows memory test into your search box

AnnabonD05 16:08 03 Jun 2017

But my PC doesn't boot to windows then how will I search?

Can it be any kind of RAM problem something like that?

q33ny 18:29 03 Jun 2017

AnnabonD05 as everyone suggested it might be a memory problem. Though Windows comes with a memory test I for one don't trust it but you can try. If not you need access to a PC for the next step. Ask a friend or colleague for help. Copy paste below link. click here this is the test that you need. Just put it on a USB drive and boot from that drive and run it. Let it run a couple of times just to make sure it is OK (I've seen errors at the second test). If this passes than you should go to a professional as it might be to expensive for you to diagnose this as you might have problems with MB, PSU, Disk drive or might be even a faulty SATA cable.

AnnabonD05 04:19 04 Jun 2017

Thank you q33ny, I'll surely get back with the results and inform you.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)