Problem with My Computer

Johnsy 19:19 08 Dec 2004

I am using Windows SP with SP2 included. I have recently had a problem when accessing My Computer after the initial click on My Computer, I successfully get the response which shows amongst other things,my C drive. when I click on this I again successfully get the Folders on my C Drive. However when I choose any Folder after that I get a screen asking for search parameters, not the selected Folder. I also notice that when I click on File (at the top of the page) it shows Search... , Explore,Open etc. What has gone wrong?

woodchip 19:21 08 Dec 2004

Try going back to a restore point

VoG II 19:22 08 Dec 2004
  Johnsy 21:08 08 Dec 2004

Thank you. Modifying the Registry has cured the problem.

Johnsy 20:39 24 Feb 2005

I am receiving unsolicited Internet Pages. How can I stop these?

Jackcoms 20:43 24 Feb 2005

"I am receiving unsolicited Internet Pages"

Do you mean pop-ups?

If so, make sure you have the XP SP2 pop-up blocker on.

Johnsy 10:53 05 Jan 2006

I am using Windows XP with SP2. I have a problem getting my DVD Writer ( a TEAC W548E). When I load a blank DVD it will not recognise it and says "No Disc" I have tried Sony and Philips but neither will work. What is wrong?

Shas 11:38 05 Jan 2006

Can't help I'm afraid, but best to start a new thread entitled "DVD Writer Problem" or something. Adding this new problem to a different one, (which you've also ticked as resolved), may get it missed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?