Problem With Monitor Never Seen Before

littlestar 13:35 06 Jul 2009

Had a Sony PC RS322E' since new about 6 years, never had problems until today, The Monitor cuts out after 1 second, the only time the monitor comes on is when you turn it off and them back on again, I have done a system restore and tried connecting the monitor to my laptop but with same results... I did go into Gamma in the display function and it seemed to fix the problem but after turning off the PC the problem is back and can longer work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Graphicool1 14:00 06 Jul 2009

From what you say it would seem that the problem lies directly with the monitor. Does the monitor not have any controls of it's own? They are usually on the front or side. What make and year is the monitor?

littlestar 15:11 06 Jul 2009

Its a Sony Monitor SDM-HS73, Yes it does have a menu button on the front but the screen turns itself off a second after you've just turned it on. Initially i went through the Gamma Wizard in the Display function and it seemed to work ok until I restarted the PC.

Thanks

Graphicool1 15:38 06 Jul 2009

As I suspected it would seem that the problem lies with the monitor itself. From the many solutions I've seen, it would appear that the problem could be caused by several different things. Though one thing is common, all the solutions would require either yourself or an LCD repair technician to work inside the monitor. If after seeing the solutions, you don't feel confident or competent enough to carry out the suggested solutions. You have two choices, take it to a repair person or get a new one. click here scroll down and check out their solutions. Good Luck!

jack 15:42 06 Jul 2009

From what you say may be a simple broken connection or a failed[ing] inverter.
As always service by replacement is the likely remedy[The Monitor that is]

littlestar 15:50 06 Jul 2009

Thanks Guy's, I 've just checked out another forum and it seems it is a common problem with this model, Although it's been perfect for me for 6 years, But as suggested, i guess its probably best if i just replace it.

Thanks For Your Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?