Problem with Micro Bill System help please..thanky

bof:) 17:39 22 Jun 2007

Hi all, had a neighbour on the phone saying they are being asked to ring a phone number with their credit card details to pay money to remove an annoying pop-up thats freezing their pc for 5 minutes at a time.

Following info given on this site I've told them not to pay any money over and tried to talk them through the fix given by fhiufhyrefyer click here

We get as far as looking in WINDOWS/Systen32 folder for:

mbsmon32.exe
mbreg.exe

and they are not there. (Nothing with MBS at all)

A search in safe mode (admin) finds nothing.

(In folder options the view is set to show all hidden folders etc.)

Also there is no reference to MBS to be found in IE/Tools/add ons, or Configsys/startup

So, where are these files hiding or have they been renamed by MBS?

Also cannot connect to the internet to update any antivirus/spyware programs.

Any help would be gratefully received and acted upon because computer is used on a very regular basis by family for their work.

Thankyou

Mike

€dstowe 18:31 22 Jun 2007

If you look further into the thread you have quoted you will see that there seem to have been developments in the way the files are notated.

bof:) 18:42 22 Jun 2007

Hi €dstowe, thanks for that I printed off the fix and off I went. Never thought too read the rest...I blame my age :-)

Mike

bof:) 23:47 27 Jun 2007

Please see posting for list of files I deleted to get rid of MBS.

click here

NOTE: after deleting these on friends pc he lost connection to internet and lots of Services have been disabled. Trying to sort this out now.

Mike

helpinghand 00:40 30 Jun 2007

Have you seen this? click here

De Marcus™ 00:57 30 Jun 2007

Perhaps it's time for a new posting on MBS, detailing the updated procedure on ridding oneself of this annoying bug.....?

helpinghand 10:36 30 Jun 2007

De Marcus has sensible suggested a new posting to cover the changing picture, which I've now started here click here

Can we all encourage forum users dealing with MBS to visit that thread in order for the emerging picture to be readily available?

wrinklyrenovator 17:00 06 Nov 2007

Hi,Mike,Do you still have the details of how you removed the m b s trojan.Im,Suffering the same thing,

mfletch 17:17 06 Nov 2007

Hi, Have a look here,

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?