Problem loading websites

lizzyr 22:19 17 Jul 2003

I'm having trouble loading some website pages, such as pdfs. I've also had a message come up on one site saying there is a problem with my internet setup accepting cookies. Any ideas on what to do?

VoG II 22:34 17 Jul 2003

Can you be a bit more specific please. Actually, a lot more specific. For example, what *exact* error messages do you get.

The more information that you provide the better the chance of finding an answer.

Steven135 22:34 17 Jul 2003

If you are using WXP right click on the Internet Explorer Icon, choose properties, privacy and adjust the cookies setting.

lizzyr 23:06 17 Jul 2003

pdfs and some flash sites do not load at all, they just time out. I can't download files of any type from the net.

I also tried to load a site earlier and a page appeared saying that my internet setup will not accept cookies, I have checked this and the setting is fine.

SEASHANTY 23:15 17 Jul 2003

Try installing one of the free popular browsers such as Mozilla or Opera. (Both of which are available as downloads from this PCA site - if you do not have them on a PC magazine disc). See if you still have the same problems with websites loading. It may just be a problem with I.E. or perhaps your internet connection is slower than normal due to heavy use in your particular area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie