Problem loading Kaspersky internet security 2010

Josie29 10:59 17 Apr 2010

I have tried to install kaspersk's 2010 internet security disc. It is licensed for 3 computers, it has loaded fine on two laptops but won't load on my desc top. I get the following message "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control pannel". can any one help me with an idiots guide on how to instal this association and explain why it won't do it on it's own.
Thanks

birdface 11:06 17 Apr 2010

If you have the keycode with it can you not just download it from the Internet and then add the keycode.
Just wondering if you have uninstalled your old security program properly.

Josie29 11:27 17 Apr 2010

Buteman thanks for your reply, I have installed my old security program which was avg free, i also removed super anti spy ware and win patrol.If i go onto kaspersky site then i have to pay again. I just can't understand why i'm having problems with the desctop and not the laptops. all had the same security measures installed.

Woolwell 11:49 17 Apr 2010

Kaspersky can be difficult to load when a previous anti-virus program has been installed. Run the AVG removal tool click here to try to get rid of AVG completely then try to install Kaspersky. You should not have to download it.
BTW what is the operating system of the desktop?

Josie29 07:50 18 Apr 2010

Thanks woolwell, I'm running XP. It still wont load, so i have gone back to what i had origionaly, AVG and Malwarebytes.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Josie29 10:13 18 Apr 2010

At start up of my desk top computer i get the following message. "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\aloxakuqe.dll Specific module could not be found".
I don't know what this is for or how to repair it, any ideas?
I am running windows xp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache