Problem With Limewire Uploads

computermaneddy 18:43 27 Jul 2008

I previously downloaded Limewire Pro. When i want to download something it says that i have already downloaded it, when i havent. If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

ton 22:05 27 Jul 2008

Read forum rules

skidzy 22:10 27 Jul 2008

Depending on your usage of Limewire !! your help is going to be limited im afraid.

FE will probably lock this,as no help is supported for p2p software here.

gazzaho 23:49 27 Jul 2008

If you want to really test your security suite then p2p software is certainly the way to do it, in my opinion sooner or later you WILL be infected, I've read some software developers have in the past distributed infected versions of their own software on these sites in order to discourage sharing, although they would certainly deny it. Even if this is an urban legend is it worth taking the risk of being infected? My advice is stay clear.

sinbads 08:32 28 Jul 2008

I am not one to point the finger at anyone p2p programs are perfectly legal and there are many people that use these programs legally; however downloading copywrite material is illegal.

Since you don't say what you are using it for, its not right for me to presume that you are using it for illegal purposes.

try your program forums you may find your answer there.

gazzaho 03:19 29 Jul 2008

I hope I didn't sound overly critical in my last post, I didn't mean to imply you were downloading illegal software, only that I myself have used p2p networks in the past and have been subject to viral attacks as a result.

No insult was intended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?