Problem with latest iTunes update

BryanR 17:05 12 Jul 2007

Has anyone else had a problem when they updated to the latest version of iTunes?
I downloaded the installation file but when I went to install it came up with an error about the .msi file in the application. Now I don't appear to be able to run the previous version of iTunes, and I can't access any of my music... Over 80GB lost (possibly) and I'm more than a little concerned!
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
thanks
Bryan

BryanR 17:07 12 Jul 2007

I'm running Windows XP Home on a reasonable machine - the system specs are certainly up to the requirements...
thanks
Bryan

john bunyan 17:17 12 Jul 2007

Try using Windows explorer to find your library. Usually: My Documents/My Music etc. You should find the tunes there. Suggest you try re installing iTunes again from the download. Also reccomend you have a back up of My Music on DVD or an external hard drive. Good luck.

john bunyan 17:54 12 Jul 2007

Another suggestion is to use system restore back to before the problem, then back up the tunes before updating iTunes

BryanR 10:00 13 Jul 2007

Thanks for those suggestions, I'll have a go when I get back to my PC. It's obviously not a major problem with the software, otherwise I expect other users here would have experienced some difficulties.
Must be something to do with my system.
Any other explanations for the install error would be welcome.
thanks
Bryan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?