Problem Laptop will not turn on: Toshiba A300-16C

laptopgirl 11:29 18 Jan 2011

Hi guys

My laptop is a TOSHIBA Equium A300-16C RM-70, and was purchased in Sept '08, it has been used regularly up until July 2010, when it switched off and wouldn't start up again.
For about 6 months prior to this, the laptop would often overheat when laying on my bed and switch off. I've had my battery charger lead tested and it works. But it hasn't started up since that date.

When I press the power on button, the laptop start up light doesn't turn on.

I'm not sure whether it is a simple battery problem or a much more severe problem.

Thanks for your help in advance guys

birdface 11:57 18 Jan 2011

Try taking the battery out and switching of the power lead.Then hold the on button for 30 seconds then refit the battery and switch on the power lead and see if any difference.
If not try with the battery out and just use the power connector.

birdface 12:05 18 Jan 2011

If you have been using it in bed and it was just lying on the blanket it would probably have been overheating so maybe some damage has been done to it.
I am sure someone will explain what may have happened if this was the case and maybe how to get it repaired.
My Grandaughters laptop did the same as yours and she took it back to where she bought it and they gave it a quick check and told her the battery was dead.They also sent it away for a service as she was still within her years warranty.
So maybe just a bad battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?