problem with itunes

brown3 03:38 14 Mar 2010

When trying to play downloaded music on itunes I often get a grey circle with a white exclamation mark inside and a pop up saying track could not be played because original track has been moved, which is not the case, can anybody help?

mole44 06:43 14 Mar 2010

try restarting itunes,or click on the tune and find out where the tune is and reimport it.keep all your itunes music in one place and keep a copy of it elswhere just in case you loose a track. i have 25,550 tracks (all legal and cost a fortune to boot), so for me a backup is essentional.

brown3 15:21 15 Mar 2010

When I start my computer I get a pop up saying go to option panel then to update tab to download definition file # how do I find the option panel to down load this file that seems to be missing?

john bunyan 18:32 15 Mar 2010

I would uninstall iTunes then download and reinstall. You wont lose the music as the tunes are not stored in the programmes folder itself, but as mole44 says do make a backup first (to an external HD)If you can find the tune you want in a folder somewhere. if you double click it, then iTunes should import and play it and store a copy it in the right place (iTunes, iTunes Music)To check on a suspect, select it and right click , and select the option to see where it is in windows explorer

bionicle 21:45 15 Mar 2010

You could click edit then preferences in i-tunes then go to the advanced tab and check that the i-tunes media folder location matches where your music is on your PC.

brown3 20:43 15 May 2010

I have itunes and when I'm using it it sometimes freezes and I notice in my tool bar that Kodak easyshare has started on its own and stops me from ejecting my ipod, how can I stop this please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?