problem with internet on my laptop

chass 15:22 17 Aug 2014

Although I am getting what appears to be connection to the Internet,on my laptop, (coming up with strong signal, and connected), as soon as I try to send an e mail etc., I get a page saying " not connected"! This is when I am away from home, and need to keep in touch with the family! The Dongle is a Vodaphone, and whilst I was able to use the Internet, away before, the last few times have not been successful! Any ideas, please!!!!!!!

johnnyrocker 21:00 18 Aug 2014

i would check firewall settings

johnnyrocker

chass 12:39 20 Aug 2014

Thank you for the advice, we have looked at the firewall and everything looks ok. Now we are at home we can connect to the internet with the dongle but the browser just keeps going to the vodafone site. The home page is set to google .co.uk but it still goes to vodaphone.

Woolwell 14:24 20 Aug 2014

Possibly it is seeking a log in before you can get internet.

alanrwood 17:47 20 Aug 2014

Are you using a Vodafone dongle with Vodafone Connection software. If so then the home page is set from the Vodafone software itself. Usually you can untick it.

If you can connect at home and not in a different location I would suspect signal strength is poor in that area so maybe check the signal strength is on a Vodafone signal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?