Problem Internet explorer and Google - Tiscali 10.

Mjones68 12:19 01 Jul 2006

Hi, I had a problem with Internet explorer always crashing on my PC and I did a search and was advised that the problem could be, because internet explorer was working via google – tiscali 10.0. The person supplied a registry fix and after running this, it removed the tiscali 10.0 stuff and now internet explorer seems to work perfectly again. The problem is that my wife’s computer now seems to be crashing and she has the same issue with Internet explorer and Tiscali 10.0. Unfortunately, however, I now can’t find the link in google and wondered if anyone could advise me on how to remove the Tiscali 10.0 stuff. Thanks very much.

VoG II 12:32 01 Jul 2006

What Tiscali stuff?

Try a repair click here

Mjones68 12:38 01 Jul 2006

The Tiscali stuff is when I click on the internet explorer icon on my wifes computer it says on the top bar 'Google - Tiscali 10.0' (as it used to on my computer) but on my computer it now says 'Google - internet explorer'

VoG II 12:43 01 Jul 2006

Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

Mjones68 15:54 03 Jul 2006

Thanks for the feedback VoG. I did what you'd suggested and it's now gone back to 'Google - Internet Explorer'. Cheers for this, although the machine is still misbehaving but at least it's one less thing to think about.

VoG II 15:55 03 Jul 2006

Did you try a repair click here

Mjones68 16:03 03 Jul 2006

Hi VoG, yes I did that before (and a long list of other things, virus scan, spyware scan, cc cleaner) but it still keeps crashing. It's as if there is some little program running in a loop. I now think that there could be a problem with Office 2003 and I'm in the process of running a 'Detect and Repair' however it came back with an error 1311, when I was asked to insert the original office Disc. I'm now trying to work around this with some windows updates, so I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for all of your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?