problem with internet connection

zingas 06:55 12 Mar 2008

Dear All
i was using internet on my PC but now when i click the internet options it prompts connect to internet .....this means it is not conected to ineternet ..i am using 1394 net adapter and it is working correctly ....but a message prompts sometimes that "IP conflict with other PC" and secondly i have an IP address through which i should connect the PC its not automaticaly detecting ......can anyone explains me what problem i am having
thanx

ambra4 11:19 12 Mar 2008

“I am using 1394 net adapter”

1394 net adapter is for Firewire

Not to sure how you are accessing the Internet

What type of broadband service you have cable or ASDL via the phone line

What make and model of equipment is connected to the broadband service and how is it

connected to your computer USB or Ethernet cable

zingas 11:28 12 Mar 2008

oh sorry actually i am novice to all these stuff ,internet is accessed via the cable and an ethernet connection is used , actually i am using it on my lab PC .
thanx

ambra4 11:58 12 Mar 2008

Ok you need to configure the LAN card that is connected to the Ethernet cable to allow you access to the Internet

Take a read on how to set up the LAN card and network on the your computer

click here

zingas 12:18 12 Mar 2008

LAN is installed on my PC as local area connections in my network connections .

zingas 05:58 13 Mar 2008

hi
actually LAN is working prperly when i see in device manager ,there is a message appearing acquiring network address although i have setup the address in TCP/IP when i use ipconfig/ALL
it results me the folowing information
DHCP .............no
IP address............0.0.0.0
subnet mask...........0.0.0.0

can you tell me should i use proxy server , and which options should i check in the internet options---> connections
Regards,

ambra4 10:06 13 Mar 2008

Just follow the instruction

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?