Problem with Intel Raid Verification and Repair

Tim 23:00 13 May 2010

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with Intel Raid. I have a Raid 1 setup with it. I use Windows 7.

Due to a system crash, it is having to go through the 'Verification and Repair' process. All goes well until it gets to 98% complete. At this point it just stays at 98% complete, with the disks continually being active. It can stay like this for hours without any more appararent progress being made.

If I try and shut down the computer at this point, the computer does eventually shut down, however the disk drives continue to to operate continually and I have to power the computer off at the mains. When I then switch on the computer again the 'Verification and Repair' process starts back at the beginning again.

I have had this sequence happen several times. In the end I had to stop it by cancelling the 'Verification and Repair' process.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?

Note that I had to do a 'Verification and Repair' process in the past and had no problems.

Thanks,
Tim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?