Problem installing wireless network

graham15travel 17:25 02 Feb 2010

I have installed BT home hub on my Acer laptop running windows xp,with internal wireless adaptor.
Installed okay,but had to connect manually from START - CONNECT TO - WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION, where two neighbours and my hub was displayed.
All worked well until I rebooted my laptop,and my wireless network failed. On looking at my wireless network connection niether my or my neighbours connections were visible, with a message 'windows cannot configure this wireless connection.
Having installed the hub three times with the same results, has anyone any suggestions what the problem could be?
Graham

scotty 13:44 03 Feb 2010

Some Acer laptops have a switch for the wireless (disabling wireless will make battery last longer). Perhaps this switch has been pressed accidently?

FreeCell 14:17 03 Feb 2010

The message "windows cannot configure this wireless connection" is usualy because a third party utility is enabled to handle wireless connections. Have you installed any BT software (not a BT Home Hub user myself) or is there some Acer utility doing the same job. The utility is usually found in the icons in the system tray in the bottom right of the screen. If so try using this to set your connection to your Home Hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache