Problem installing printer software

FatboySlim71 23:25 07 Oct 2004

I have have had to re install Windows XP,I have downloaded service pack 2.the problem I am having is that I need to install the software for my printer,but when I insert the cd nothing happens,when I go into my computer and right click on the cd drive and select autoplay from the menu nothing happens.I have installed the software before has I have had the printer 12 months.I have tried going into the cd and have tried to install various parts of the installation from the files I have accessed,my printer will print text etc,but my printer is an all in one and when I press the scan button nothing happens where as before doing this would start the printer to scan,also when you start to print something it brings a window up for printer preferences which used to show how much ink was in each cartridge and now that is not shown.

anchor 09:23 08 Oct 2004

A problem in installing printer drivers after updating to XP-SP2 has recently been reported in the Langalist. Check the printer makers site to see if a patch has been released.

This is not the only problem reported with SP2; have a look at the MS site report.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?