Problem installing PCI ethernet adapter

Quinky 09:02 11 Sep 2006

Having problems installing a PCI ethernet adapter. Have installed the hardware OK and driver installation goes ok from supplied CD until it asks for Windows 98 se CD. I put the Windows 98 se CD in and click OK but it says it can't find the files it's looking for. I re-tried several times but no luck .

all help gratefully received.

BurrWalnut 09:27 11 Sep 2006

From my poor memory there is a folder named \Drivers on the Win98 CD, point it to that folder.

mikesuther 09:55 11 Sep 2006

Hi, BurrWalnut is correct. it is many years since i used 98' but if you click browse it should give a list of titles, sub headings if you like.

One of the headings says Drivers, double click this and an inf file should pop into the box. press enter and away you should go.

I hope so anyway i find computers like tooth ache, all is going fine until you decide to upgrade or go for an inspection. then nothing goes like it did or in my case they decide that you have to have tooth pulled and the pain of not being able to do anything is quite upsetting. sorry for wandering Hate dentists and i have to go this morning. hope the above helps apart from the phobia bit, regards

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone