Problem installing a firewire card

paulovtoon 16:04 30 Oct 2004

I recently bought a camcorder and to transfer from the cam to pc it required a firewire card which I bought at PC World, when I fitted the card the new hardware manager recognised it but as it installed the drivers for the IEEE 1394 Controller it displayed a error message "the data is invalid", I have refitted the card and I still recieve the same error.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem

Diodorus Siculus 16:16 30 Oct 2004

click here - any help?

paulovtoon 16:50 30 Oct 2004

thanks for the reply, but the card isn't listed or I could not find it

paulovtoon 12:32 31 Oct 2004

Ive installed service pack 2, refitted the card and still get the same error. It is a Belkin Firewire 3 port PCI card that should be installed using Texas Instruments OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 host controller, the card is recognised and the driver starts to install but stops and displays the data is invalid error.

Please somebody help its doing my head in

john-232317 19:58 31 Oct 2004

Why do you need a host controller, i just put my card in and XP found it and loaded the drivers for it automatically

paulovtoon 22:26 31 Oct 2004

Windows XP recognises the Firewire card but then will not install the drivers for it, it keeps displaying "the data is invalid" error every time I try to install the drivers for the card

MichelleC 08:46 01 Nov 2004

There maybe an incompatibilty with some types of firewire cards with some mobos; or there may be something in bios that's disabled firewire.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?