Problem installing Canon ip4300 printer

9nailer9 18:04 14 Nov 2007

I have just purchased a new Canon ip4300 printer and am stuck right at the start of the process,in trying to install the print head the carrage dosnt move far enough to the left for me to reach the lever that releases the ink tanks has anyone recently installed one of these and can advise me please.

Michael_R 18:51 14 Nov 2007

I have copied this from the Canon web site
1. Remove the print head from its package, and remove the orange protective cap.

2. Open the printer's front cover.

Memo:

At the first use after purchase, remove any protective materials inside the printer.
Note:

If the print head holder is not at the center, power the printer on to move the print head holder to the center.

?
3. Raise the print head lock lever, insert the print head into the print head holder, and lower the print head lock lever firmly.

I hope this might help

9nailer9 19:13 14 Nov 2007

thank you michael R I will have another go

bruno 20:23 14 Nov 2007

I have the same printer and have just looked at the very comprehensive on screen manual-which was no help.I then read the book-which was no help.I then tried my printer.I switch it on and open the top cover.After a few seconds the print head assembly moves to the centre and you can access whatever you need.If you leave it open it will close and you have to start again.I seem to remember a lot of sticky tape to remove when I bought mine nine months ago.I suggest you have another lok to make sure there is no tape left in there.If this is not the answer you can give their service department a ring.They are very helpful.The number is on the on screen manual.

9nailer9 20:43 14 Nov 2007

Thanks for the advice BRUNO i will try again tommorow

9nailer9 19:43 16 Nov 2007

Thanks to you who responded to my request it seems that the printer is faulty and i am now negotiating for a replacement.

bruno 17:37 20 Nov 2007

Let us know how you get on.

johnboyuk40 11:07 14 Mar 2008

I have the canon ip 4300 need help with the ink part of it.
When i change the ink and put the old chip on the new ink the printer says the ink is not in rite or i have 2 of the same ink in the printer
also the ink monitor wont show the ink whats left
can some 1 plz help thanks john

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017