Problem installing Adobe Photodeluxe 4.0 on xp

sarah-280539 14:22 24 Feb 2003

I received this disk with a scanner that I bought. I had previously had it running on win98 and it worked fine. I've just got a new system with xp and the pc won't recognise the disk at all. I've tried setup.exe in run but it didn't work. I've also tried searching the disk for the setup but when I put the disk in and go to the d drive in my computer it acts as if there is nothing in that drive. I'd be really grateful for any help.

powerless 14:25 24 Feb 2003

Clean the disc?

Does it work on the 98 system, does it recognise the disc in 98 system?

anchor 15:32 24 Feb 2003

Does your CD drive recognise any other CD.

If so, then try cleaning the disc, as Powerless suggests. Also confirm that the disc is OK by inserting it another PC.

I have no idea if Photodeluxe 4 is compatable with XP, (it has been discontinued since July 2002), but this would have no bearing on your not being able to "see" the CD in the drive.

-pops- 15:41 24 Feb 2003

Photodeluxe is not compatible with XP. There was some sort of patch produced to try and make it work but it didn't (not in mine, anyway) and it caused loads of problems.

Personally I would leave it and get another with some XP compatibility and support.

Hope your CD player is OK but, as anchor says, I don't think it has anything to do with this problem.

Brian

sarah-280539 16:28 24 Feb 2003

Hi,

It worked fine this 98, other cds work and I cleaned the disk but it made no difference. I think the reponse about it not being compatible with XP sounds about right as everything else works, it's just disappointing as I really like the programme.

Filch 20:09 24 Feb 2003

Sarah, there has been quite a bit about this problem on the PhotoDeluxe 4 forum at click here. I forget the different work-arounds, but give a look and see if you come up with something. One of them was to make XP work like 98 when using PhotoDeluxe.

anchor 20:17 24 Feb 2003

I am still at a loss to understand why sarah cannot "see" the CD in the drive. Surely, this has nothing whatsoever with the programmes XP compatability?.

I know that XP has the facilty of emulating earlier versions of Windows, but it did not work for me with one of my favourite programmes. I ditched XP, and installed ME.

sarah-280539 12:32 26 Feb 2003

I took most of your advice but like anchor said it was weird that it couldn't see the cd, so what i did was copy the original in my old pc and put the copied disk in my new pc and it's installed fine now, I haven't started using it yet so I guess time will tell if I'll experience any problems. Thanks again and thanks Filch for the adobe forum link.

anchor 14:42 27 Feb 2003

Glad you sorted out the disc problem sarah.

From my reading of the Adobe forum it seems you probably won`t be able to use the programme with XP. However there were encouraging comments about using the compatability mode setting for Win98. Worth a try; let us know how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?