problem with installer

ouch 20:24 13 Sep 2006

Can anyone help me sort out a problem with windows installer please. several weeks a go I downloaded an update for Microsoft NET Framework, it downloaded ok but when it began to installer it stopped half way and said their was a problem. now everytime I switch on my pc the installer retries to install and I get the same message. I tried ms help line but they havent come up with anything. i can give more details if anyone has any ideas what it may be.

VoG II 20:26 13 Sep 2006

Can you System Restore to before you installed the update?

skidzy 23:58 13 Sep 2006

Does this help click here
"Setup cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework because another version of the product is already installed."

ouch 06:55 14 Sep 2006

I have tried system restore and it doesnt help. the download page you gave me is probably the one I downloaded from in the first place and If I download it its not going to help as installer is still trying to install the first download, hence my problem. I have tried to uninstall too but it wont do that either. thanks though.

skidzy 07:04 14 Sep 2006

Bit more info is needed really ouch.
The update you downloaded,was it the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0

If so,there is a couple of threads about this and a similar problem,and a fix is availble.

skidzy 07:06 14 Sep 2006

click here

Have a look and maybe the fix can help.

ouch 17:49 14 Sep 2006

skidzy, thanks that seems to have helped although I dont know if its sorted it completely but its more than MS has done for me so far. thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017