problem install operating systems!

Tree3 17:43 10 Aug 2004

i have a computer which has a relitivly high spec. but no operating systems seem to install i put the hard drive in another computer and the operating system installed fine i cant find out what the problem is. would be greateful for any help

spanneress 18:11 10 Aug 2004

What happens when you start the machine up? (the one you are having problems with)..what do you see and how far doe sit get? Which operating system? If you installed the OS while the driver was a master drive in a different machine, you may well experience problems trying to then start it on the original machine...

spanneress 18:12 10 Aug 2004

What happens when you start the machine up? (the one you are having problems with)..what do you see and how far does it get? Which operating system? If you installed the OS while the driver was a master drive in a different machine, you may well experience problems trying to then start it on the original machine...

spanneress 18:12 10 Aug 2004

What happens when you start the machine up? (the one you are having problems with)..what do you see and how far does it get? Which operating system? If you installed the OS while the drive was a master drive in a different machine, you may well experience problems trying to then start it in the original machine...

spanneress 18:13 10 Aug 2004

Whoops!

Tree3 18:21 10 Aug 2004

i formatted it again to try and install operation system on the computer but still same thing happens i've tried all version of windows from 95 to xp mandrake, slackware, redhat linux as well none install i've tried removing the cards and unessessary hardware but no sucsess

spanneress 18:26 10 Aug 2004

But this hard drive works happily on other systems? What is the spec of the PC and the hard drive...motherboard details etc....

Have you tried a different HDD on the problematic PC to check that it is not the PC?

Tree3 19:03 10 Aug 2004

spec: (gateway E-3400)20gb hdd 128mb ram, no idea of motherboard

i havent tried a different had drive in the machine, i dont have a spare hard drive :|

spanneress 19:14 10 Aug 2004

OK..quick fix might be (bear with me on this)..you say this HDD works in the other PC? set it as slave, move all your data across from that master, take the master HDD out of the working PC and stick it in the currently non functional PC, making the new HDD the master? Or is that not feasible?

Try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?