Problem install a graphics card in a Imedia 3043

14all 14:43 09 Mar 2008

I have been trying to install a graphics card in a Packard Bell Imedia 3043 that I have resurrected.
The PC has been working fine but I want to upgrade the onboard Graphics Card with a new PNY Nvidia Geforce 6200 256mb DDR AGP 8X with VGA + DVI-1 + Tvout outputs.

I installed the card and attached the monitor to the VGA output, when I started up the PC I couldn’t get a signal on the monitor, I have updated the Bios to version to 2.0a as instructed on the PB website as there was a problem with the monitor signal on version 1.0.

I made sure there were no other drivers for any previous graphic cards installed and tried installing the card again, with the same result.

I have taken an Nvidia Geforce G3Ti200 Pro TD 64MB AGP 4X card from an older working PC to see if that works in the Imedia 3043.

The only Problem is I do not have to original installation CD with the drivers and software and it’s not listed on the Nvidia website so I am reluctant to go ahead encase I end up with a PC with no monitor signal and ruin weeks of hard work getting this PC going again.

System Info

Parckard Bell Imedia 3043
O/S Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Mother Board Gigabyte Columbia VP 5P GA-8SIML-NF7
Intel Celeron D CPU 2.80 Ghz
1.5 GB of memory
Bios Award Medallion V6.00P4 Version 1.0x Updated to Version 2.0A
AGP Version 2 Compliant 4X/2X Interface
Onboard Graphic card SIS651C

brundle 14:46 09 Mar 2008

Choose `Legacy` in the Product Type column for GF3 drivers;
click here

14all 20:38 10 Mar 2008

Brundle

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

I fitted the Nvidia Geforce G3Ti200 Pro TD 64MB AGP 4X card and got it to work first time.

I was able to download the drivers and software from the Nvidia website and I am getting some reasonable results off this old card.

I've no Idea why the new card would not work, I though the AGP 8x card would work in an AGP 4x slot but only slower, unless the new card is faulty.

14all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?