Problem with Incredimail

bluto1 22:40 20 Jun 2008

Hi all,
When I place my cursor over the I'Mail envelope in my notification tray the message I get is
"Receiving 1 of 6: 1%"
It's been like that for a couple of days so I got in touch with I'Mail knowing it would be up to a week before I got an answer.
Does any I'mail user know how to resolve this. All, or any, help most appreciated.
ISP Virgin, XP home SP3

Technotiger 22:53 20 Jun 2008

Possibly a glitch in your Registry, run CCleaner click here and then download and install the latest Incredimail upgrade, this might sort it.

bluto1 23:14 20 Jun 2008

Thanks Techntiger, I thought of those, did th CCleaner bit but no help. I also went to Add/Remove and tried th Repair option to no avail. Square One.

Sea Urchin 00:30 21 Jun 2008

Try uninstalling Incredimail and then - after another cleanup with CCleaner - reinstall.

birdface 01:01 21 Jun 2008

Try .Tools.Options.Advanced and press automatic update see if that helps.

Technotiger 08:27 21 Jun 2008

I use Incredimail too - what happens when you simply open your Incredimail? Does it automatically download your messages?

bluto1 15:36 21 Jun 2008

Thanks everybody for the help.
I contacted their Customer Support and they sent me a set up file. It seems to have worked and I'm now inundated with mail.
Technotiger, When I open I'mail the search starts and within a minute or two I get my mail. I know you pay for yours, mine is the free version.
Again thanks everybody, your help is, as ever, much appreciated.

Technotiger 16:42 21 Jun 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback - and good for Incredimail Support too, if you contacted them on the 20th, today is only the 21st!!

Papa Goose 10:41 03 Nov 2008

Hi folks,

I have 2 email acc's gmail and orange.fr and have been running the free version of incredimail, without issue for months. Then the other week it started to play up. If I send a mail via either account using incredimail, the message to say it's sent comes up, but the mail is not always received. I tested it by sending a mail to myself and it appears in the email account but incredimail will not pick it up. A new mail comes in and it will pick it up, but a reply will not always go out. mails sent from the individual accounts are always received.I've checked the setting, from both email addresses in incredimail and they are fine, I've tried removing the accounts and setting them up again but the problem is still here, I've had 2 fixes from incredimail that haven't worked and tried the repair, but nothing is working.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have a way to fix it as until this I though the program was great.It's running on a laptop with Vista

Cheers PG

birdface 11:00 03 Nov 2008

Try .Tools.Options.Advanced.And try automatic update.As this thread is closed you may be better opening a new thread and you will probably get a better response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?