Problem with Incredimail

bluto1 23:36 29 May 2008

I've checked the PCA archives but couldn't get an answer, so hopefully you can help.
When I clicked on the icon in the notification tray I got a window that informed me of a problem with Incredimail. Didn't tell me what the problem was. This happened yesterday and I've spent most of today wrestling with the problem to no avail.
On the basis that it has worked for me before now I uninstalled I'mail with the intention of reinstalling, but it wouldn't reinstall, so I tried System Restore and whilst I've got the icons back I cannot get to my mail, and I cannot do the repair that's offered in Add/Remove.
Firstly I'd like some help restoring the status quo to the bluto household and secondly, how do you get in touch with the I'mail people? Thanks for any help.

birdface 00:31 30 May 2008

Have you tried Help.About Incredimail Xe.And check for updates.

bluto1 08:48 30 May 2008

Hi buteman,
Yes, I tried them, no help to me.
Since I posted this I've noticed that while I can download to my PC I can't install anything. Therefore my problem is not just with Incredimail, but with my Windows installation.
I'm leaving shortly for a weekend away and I may just do a repair installation with my XP disc when I return. Thanks for your reply.

Technotiger 09:00 30 May 2008

If all else fails - un-install Incredimail using click here when it asks you if you want to re-start your computer, Don't re-start yet, Revo goes a bit further than other un-installers. When you get to the part where Revo gives you the option to Select All and Delete, do so! Once done you can then re-start your computer.

You should then be able to download and install Incredimail from click here

birdface 10:21 30 May 2008

Looks like a Windows Installer problem.Someone with the same sort of problem.click here If it does not work it may point you in the right direction.

bluto1 22:35 02 Jun 2008

Technotiger, Thanks but didn't work.

buteman, same here I'm afraid But like the guy on the forum you pointed me at, I think it's a repair job.

I'm very fortunate that I've a mate who works at these problems daily, and he's coming round on Friday to, hopefully, sort this out, otherwise I'll have to use either OE or Virgin for mail. (I think I may be too old to change)
I'm going to click this as resolved to end it so thanks to you all. I'm very grateful for your help.

bluto1 21:31 05 Jun 2008

Problem re Incredimail solved. Several times I downloaded it from Incredimail website and all I got was an abbreviated edition which would not install due to error in I'mail installer. I finally, successfully, downloaded and installed from CNet. My other problems are also solved after using AVG 8 to clean my HDDs. Over 2000 malware objects found.Thanks for the help offered though, I'm grateful it's there.

Technotiger 21:37 05 Jun 2008

Grreat - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?