PROBLEM SINCE I FOLLOWED A LINK FROM YOUR WEBSITE

liloldlady 10:44 22 Feb 2011

Hi, Yesterday I asked this forum how to make a backup DVD for my own use. someone sent me 2 links I hit on the first link and downloaded the program which turned out that they wanted me to pay some money so I used it once which it let me do for free then it asked me for money....Ever since the I keep getting a window popping up telling me I have lots of viruses and I should pay them to get rid of them????? I don't understand much about computers but I certainly don't believe this warning about the viruses. How can I get rid of this pesky thing as it is not in the install/uninstall list????? By the way the copy DVD I made using this program was useless and would not work anyway, I am using windows Vista Home edition.Thanks

liloldlady 10:51 22 Feb 2011

By the way the program was called DVD cloner 8.

Eric10 10:54 22 Feb 2011

It sounds like the System Tools 2011 malware/virus. click here for removal instructions.

OCRIDION 00:49 23 Feb 2011

Yes. It is probably similar to that virus/adware but it isn't the exact same. So be a but more thorough through your system when you follow that guide.

liloldlady 10:27 25 Feb 2011

Hi, I thought that this sort of thing couldn't happen on a website like this, but being as I know nothing about computers I obviously thought wrong. How can I trust hittng on links that people give me on here, as this is a very, very, helpful site and It's a shame that this sort of thing can happen.....By the way it took me 3 days to sort this out, my internet connection wouldn't work and this pesky ad. kept appearing and seemed to be blocking everything else out.....Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:49 25 Feb 2011

These trojans are all over the place and it is not the fault of any site. Just download Malwarebytes click here free version, keep it updated and run it whenever you think here could be a problem. The Internet is a vast place and it is no use blaming anyone but yourself for easily correctable errors.

G

woodchip 11:53 25 Feb 2011

As above Web pages that links point to can be infected at any time. We are sorry but it can happen to any one of us

Uboat 12:07 25 Feb 2011

malwarebytes! its 100% free! & one of the easyest & best antimalware progs available! d/l it then do a FULL SYSTEM SCAN!
it WILL find any nasties!!

click here

UB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?