Problem with graphics

Foz1961 09:27 23 Aug 2003

i have just installed a new graphics card, everything has gone wrong!!

I am sure there is a conflict between the on board vga and the graphics card. i have been in the bios and asked it to start with the agp slot first, but can't find any way of disabling the on board vga. how do i disable the on board graphics!!

my screen keeps going blue and giving error messages, such as
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and more recently
driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. I have forwarded this to ms and they have stated that there is a problem with the driver

please help

krypt1c 09:31 23 Aug 2003

What os are you running ? If MS say it's a driver problem have you tried looking for an u/d driver ?

Foz1961 09:33 23 Aug 2003

running XP pro, tried looking for u/d. non on ms website and nvidia is same version as currently have.

jazzypop 09:37 23 Aug 2003

It is better if you continue your previous thread - click here - rather than start a new one on the same topic.

click here and go to the downloads section - you will be able to download an earlier version of the driver, which should help.

It is not possible to offer advice on disbling onboard graphics, if you don't tell us the exact make and model of the motherboard.

Foz1961 09:44 23 Aug 2003

jazzypop, sorry about starting new thread, but getting desparate!
mobo is jetway 830ch/cf, sis 630/730 on board graphics, 512mb mem, trying to install msifx 5600-vtdr128

Foz1961 10:52 23 Aug 2003

i think i have sorted the problem, uninstalled the graphics card and drivers, then was able to disable the on board vga from device manager.

re-installed the card and driver, think i had inadvertently installed the me version last time!!
things seem to be ok

thanks for the help everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?