Problem with Google search

PalaeoBill 09:01 20 May 2010

This has just started happening and I have no idea why. (I'm running Windows XP SP3, IE8). I think it may have first occurred yesterday but I didn't really take much notice and dismissed it as a one off then.

My home page is click here, which puts a google search box into the centre of the screen.
I type a phrase into the search box and google performs the search and lists the results. On the top of the results page, left hand side, is a new empty google search box.
Anything I type into this new empty google search box, to make a new search, is ignored and the box is cleared as soon as you click the Search button or press the Enter key. No new search takes place. When you start to type it does present the suggestions correctly and you can select one of them but the same thing happens. The box clears and no search takes place.

If I use the google search box embedded in the IE8 toolbar (the one that is set up as bing by default when you install IE8), then everything goes back to working normally. That is, the google search box at the top left hand side of the search results list now works again.

Just to add to the confusion. If I start at click here instead of click here the problems doesn't happen. It appears to be restricted to the .uk page.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

birdface 09:21 20 May 2010

Works Ok on W/7 but center Top for the search box and not on left hand side.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017