problem - gif image 1x1 pixels

naggis 14:54 14 Sep 2007

When I try to access some websites using a hyperlink, a blank page results with the headline
"Click (GIF Image 1x1 pixels)
Has anyone any idea what this is and more importantly, how can it be fixed?
A search of the Net doesn't seem to give any possible solutions.
Has anyone else had this problem?

naggis 14:57 14 Sep 2007

Forgot to say that I am using xp + sp2 and Kaspersky internet suite. Disabling Kaspersky does not solve the problem. Also, I have run loads of antispyware progs and they have found nothing. I have also clean reinstalled - the problem is still there!

duckywucky 12:40 23 Sep 2007

I have had this problem since using Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 Trial version and have found the answer to be to use pause protection for 1 minute to get in to the blocked hyperlink.
Right click on Kaspersky icon in system tray.
Left click "Pause protection" & type 1 minute in the in box & click OK.
Once you get in to the hyperlinked website then click on resume protection or it will resume in 1 minute.
There may be a better solution but since Kaspersky won't help trial users then I shall have to use this method or try another security suite.
Have tried AVG but that slowed everything down to snail's pace and startup was a nightmare! I found Norton did not give enough protection & I had loads of viruses on my system. Apart from this one problem Kaspersky is smooth and effective.

roycymru 22:56 27 Sep 2007

For me the solution was to turn off Antibanner in Kaspersky. In version 7 Double click on Kaspersky icon in Systray, under protection click on Firewall, under configure click on filtration rules and then untick "Enable Antibanner"

Dream Theater 18:32 06 Jul 2009

I have had problems accessing some sites which shows (GIF Image 1x1 pixels) using Firefox. I also have Kaspersky Internet Security running. One of the sites I tried to access is roadrunner.co.uk. I think Kaspersky blocked it because if you take away some of the letters at the beginning and end you get: adrunner. To unblock it without unblocking all adblocking. From the main Kaspersky window, Under Content Filtering, click on Banner Ad Blocker. Select Reports and Statistics. You will see a list of all the web pages which have been denied access. Right-click on the one which you want to allow and select Allow.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?