Problem with Firefox

Mrs_H 18:44 02 Apr 2007

I downloaded Firefox as an alternative browser and it worked perfectly. Next time I switched on my PC and tried to open FFox I got message "this application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found. Re-installing may fix the problem". I reinstalled and it worked perfectly again. However, the same problem occurred when I shut down and restarted the PC again. Can anyone advise, please?

skidzy 18:49 02 Apr 2007

Quick google suggests your Firefox profile is corrupt Mrs_H.
here is the missing file click here

You may have to clean your profile from your system before reinstalling FF to work correctly again.

skidzy 18:54 02 Apr 2007

This is usually is a malware that is deleting the js3250 file.
"Go to C:\Windows\System32\ipv6monl.dll and delete it. Reinstall Firefox and it will work fine."

From click here

Also run your Antispyware programs.

Mrs_H 19:02 02 Apr 2007

I've just tried what you said about deleting the ivp6monl.dll - but it says access is denied.

VoG II 19:05 02 Apr 2007

Try deleting using click here

Mrs_H 19:18 02 Apr 2007

It doesn't give me "unlock" as an option.

Mrs_H 19:39 02 Apr 2007

How stupid am I? = I've now downloaded the unlock programme, deleted the offending file, reinstalled Firefox, re-booted and appear to be running Firefox OK now. Thanks for the help.

skidzy 19:42 02 Apr 2007

Well done Mrs_H,now run your Antispyware programs,if you have none...try these
click here
click here
click here

Mrs_H 19:54 02 Apr 2007

I can't believe how much stuff Spywarebot has picked up. Two questions...Why hasn't my Panda Platinum Spyware programme detected them. Spywarebot tells me I need to purchase before I can remove them, should I do so?

skidzy 19:56 02 Apr 2007

Spywarebot ?
You do mean,Spybot Search and Destroy...dont you ?

skidzy 20:00 02 Apr 2007

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products click here

I think it will be best to try and remove Spywarebot if indeed it is this you have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017