problem with emails and website access HELP please

P4ULT 13:56 22 Aug 2010

hi i have a website which was setup by a company i have recently been unable to get on to the site and the company that did the site seem to think it is a problem with my pc i have norton internet security if thatb amkes any difference the chaps that did the website accessed my computer through team viewer but cannot find the problem.

i also cannot accesss the email address connected to the site to reply to any mail that may have come through im at my wits end with this as i may be losing work

the sie address is click here

many thanks paul

howard64 14:06 22 Aug 2010

I can see it when I click on your link so What exactly are you trying to do?

P4ULT 14:53 22 Aug 2010

i cannot get on the site from my computer

mgmcc 15:54 22 Aug 2010

The site is certainly accessible, so it must be something in your PC which isn't allowing you to access it. This is a bit of a "long shot", but check that it isn't being blocked by your Hosts file.

Go to "Start > Run", type this in exactly...

notepad.exe c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

...and press Enter. (Note the single space after .exe)

Check that there *ISN'T* an entry relating to your site, which would look something like this:

127.0.0.1 benjaminbernard.co.uk

If there is, delete the entry, save the file and exit.

Woolwell 16:55 22 Aug 2010

The site could be hosted by 123-reg. I would have thought that you would be logging into webmail at 123-reg or downloading pop e-mails into your e-mail client with the details given to you by the company that set up the site.

I notice also that if I try to create an account from the log in I get a 403 access denied error.

I have a feeling that there is nothing wrong with your PC but something wrong with the instructions given to you.

DieSse 17:34 22 Aug 2010

Do you mean you can't even see the site at all - or do you mean you can't log-in via the top log-in procedure.

If you can't log-in, then what error message do you get?

Can you see other sites as normal?

P4ULT 18:11 22 Aug 2010

i cant actually see the site. i was using roundcube for the email but it just seemed to stop working overnight. im not sure who the site is hosted by it was all part of the package.

Graham. 18:20 22 Aug 2010

The Domain is hosted by 123-reg.

DieSse 19:18 22 Aug 2010

But you can see other sites normally?

DieSse 19:22 22 Aug 2010

But you can see other sites normally?

Is it the same in all browsers?

You say "can't access" - but what actually happens? - error messages, what's on the screen, etc

P4ULT 20:59 22 Aug 2010

I can see all other sites ok. and iv tried with firefox too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?