Problem emailing mp3 files

fothe 18:08 06 Jan 2008

For some reason, when I email mp3 files to my mates they end up receiving about 9 duplicate emails from me. I don't have a problem receiving mp3 files as email attachments - or in playing them. The problem only arises when I send them. (I'm using Outlook Xpress)

Please can someone help me to stop annoying my mates?!

Fothe

MAJ 18:13 06 Jan 2008

Do you mean that they receive the same mp3 9 times, or, do they recive 9 emails with an attachment that is smaller than your emailed mp3? I ask because OE has the ability to split apart relatively large email attachments into smaller parts that can then be rejoined when received.

fothe 18:43 06 Jan 2008

Hi MAJ,

thank you very much for your post.

No, it's dividing the file into smaller files. One mp3 file I have is 4.91 mb but when I sent it to myself it divided into 14 emails, each with an attachment 374kb in size. Also, these multiple files aren't rejoining when they arrive in my mates' inboxes.

Fothe

MAJ 18:55 06 Jan 2008

Okay, fothe, to stop OE doing that, go to, in OE, Tools > Accounts > Mail tab and click on your email account's entry and click the Properties button, the click on the Advanced tab and untick the "Break apart messages larger than:" option, click Apply, OK and Close, to exit.

fothe 19:21 06 Jan 2008

Thanks MAJ - that's done the trick.

Much appreciated

Fothe

MAJ 19:30 06 Jan 2008

Happy to help, fothe. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?