Problem with email

geek84 12:42 12 May 2010

I have recently put an advert on a website advertising my home based business. I was told by the owners of the website that whenever someone clicks on my advert (which is on their website), a box should automatically appear on the screen which prompts the indivdual to send me an email if they are interested in the business etc.

However,to test this out, when I clicked on the advert nyself, the following error message was dispayed on the screen -

'Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed'

Could some one please explain what this message means, and how the problem can be rectified. The owners of the website are adamant that there are no problems on their side. I use yahoo for email.

Thanks in advance for your response.

johndrew 13:55 12 May 2010

Have a look at these and see if they help click here click here click here

Sea Urchin 23:46 12 May 2010

"The owners of the website are adamant that there are no problems on their side"

Yes, I'm sure they are correct - the problem is with a file association in your own system. You say you use Yahoo mail - do you access this on the Yahoo webmail site? These click adverts work best when you have an email program installed such as Outlook or Windows Mail etc.

However, this might help you

click here

ronalddonald 09:40 13 May 2010

try testing on at the library computer to see if it works rather on your computer just to make sure.

geek84 10:13 13 May 2010

Hi Folks

I have tried to test this in the library but get the same response.

Can you also advice me how I can install Outlook.

Thanks

Terry Brown 14:56 13 May 2010

As you are running a 'Home Based Business', why not buy your own name (under a tenner for two years from heart internet), and that will run on Outlook or webmail.
Terry

Clapton is God 15:46 13 May 2010

"Can you also advice me how I can install Outlook"

It's part of the MS Office suite of programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017