Problem with DVD+RW

Shazzer 18:12 05 Aug 2003

I have just purchased a Pioneer DVR-106D writer.

I copied all My Documents using Roxio 5 to a DVD+RW this worked - when I put this in my HP laptop DVD CD-RW it wouldn't read the DVD. The software won't let me close the session and my head hurts from banging it against the brick wall.

polar_king 20:20 05 Aug 2003

have you tried installing roxio 5 to the laptop

Jester2K II 20:23 05 Aug 2003

You shuoldn't need to install Roxio 5 on the laptop.

What error messages do you get?? Esp when trying to close the session??

Shazzer 07:18 06 Aug 2003

The software won't let me close the session I've tried. When you press record 3 options appear close session is greyed out! I've tried all the software options, searching the menus etc but at no point does it let yet change this. By the way I'm using UDF is this correct?

Jester2K II 08:02 06 Aug 2003

Have you updated to the latest version of Easy CD 5??

click here

1)

Updates Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Platinum to 5.3.5

April 23, 2003

This web update is designed to update Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Platinum to version 5.3.5. It can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. It has a number of fixes and adds new drive support, including support for DVD -R/RW and DVD +R/RW. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly in Windows XP.

Then also

2)

Drive Update for Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5g

July 21, 2003

This Web update will add drive support for CD/DVD burners that were released after the release of Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.

Note: You should update to Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5 (if your version is a release prior to 5.3.5) before installing this updater.

You can check for your installed version by opening either Music CD Project or Data CD Project and going to "Help" and then to "About Easy CD Creator".

Jester2K II 08:05 06 Aug 2003

for the Basic Edition (at the bottom of the page)

Updates Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Basic and Starter Kit to 5.3.5

May 13, 2003

This web update is designed to update English versions of Easy CD Creator Basic 5.x.x to version 5.3.5. It can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. It has a number of fixes and adds new drive support, including support for DVD -R/RW and DVD +R/RW. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly in Windows XP

Shazzer 09:06 06 Aug 2003

My version shows 5.3.5 10g. Really appreciate everyone's help

Shazzer 09:10 06 Aug 2003

Has anybody else copied data onto a DVD+RW and then been able to read it in an ordinary DVD drive in another PC?

If the answer to this is yes what software have you used?

The Sack 13:14 06 Aug 2003

Yes and Nero 5.5. Even my standalone DVD plaver sees the directories on the disc.

bremner 16:32 06 Aug 2003

I have the same DVD Burner and had some problems with DVD-R disks until I flashed the drive with Pioneers latest Firmware. Since then all appears to be fine.

The Sack 17:23 06 Aug 2003

BTW you dont have to close a session on a DVD+RW thats one of the benefits of the format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires