Problem DVD Drive

Madpad_001 19:38 31 Jul 2005

Hi,

I have a Matsu*!@:a DVD -R drive connected to a MESH Laptop I bought a few years ago. I have some problems, 1) It does not always read a CD/DVD i have to reboot about 4 times before it starts to work again. Will cleaning the optical head solove this??

2) The drive is slot loading and on a few occiations does not eject the CD/DVD. It seams to get caught in the lip of the drive on the way out, can I fix this anyway??

Thanks in advance for your help. PS sorry for the poor spelling.

Cheers madpad.

maveric 08:11 01 Aug 2005

This will help with the spelling click here
As for the DVD, they are so cheap now I would dump it and buy a new one! Sounds like its on its last legs.

User-312386 08:29 01 Aug 2005

Spelling not a problem mate

Roght click My computer, select ptoperties and then hardware. Now click device manager, click the plus(+) of DVD/CD-ROMS, locate your and right click and then uninstall.

With regards to the ejecting it does appear as you say that it catches on the lip, mine does that a lot. Just wiggle the door a couple of times and then it opens

Madpad_001 20:28 08 Aug 2005

Sorry for the delay,

But thanks for the help (good little program for spelling)

Going back to my problems

1} Used a head cleaner and now working fine but haed to clean the head 4 times.

PS. bought a second drive off the web whilist my drive was playing up, but as I had paided for it my current drive dicided to work again. But at least I have a second drive as a backup in case it goes wrong again.

Once more thanks for your help.

Madpad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?