I recently moved in, and my housemates are using ADSL home router. When the cables were plugged into their laptops, it works fine, but when I plugged the cable into my Desktop PC, packets received were 0, even though I already configured it as 'Assigned by DHCP'.
When I tried to connect it to my laptop, it works fine, which tells me the Desktop PC is the only one with the problem, it can't receive anything. I'm not sure what to do, help...
- Disable connection, enable. - Turning router off and on while connected to it. - Setting DHCP on Auto. - Comparing laptop settings with Desktop settings. - Everything under the sun.
I believe the problem lies in the configuration/settings of the Desktop->Router, because someone did configure something in the modem home page but that was months ago and he left overseas. :( So far, everyone I asked has no clue.
Even dafter: I was cursing my lack of ADSL after the decorators had been in ... and finally discovered that they'd plugged the phone cable into an ethernet port on my router. So check all the connections!
You might also try resetting the router to factory settings.