Problem with downloading talk talk vista drivers

omen_peter 18:00 19 Oct 2007

Hello, hope someone can help. I have recently signed up for talktalk broadband, and purchased the echolife HG520s wireless router. As I have windows vista, I was also sent a booklet advising how to set up the internet if you have vista. I managed to set up wired broadband, via the ethernet cable. However, I have got to the point of setting up our wireless connection (I have also purchased the belkin 54bps USB network adapter), and have hit a problem that no one seems to be able to sort yet! The book advises to download vista modem drivers from their website and even though when I click on the link it advises me it has downloaded, when I go to open the file it doesnt load (asks me what program I wish to open it with). Therefore, I cannot go any further, and talktalk's tech support put me through to their geek squad which is £25! Anyone know how to get round this problem? I have tried to install the belkin adapter on its own but that didnt work either. Help!

woodchip 19:01 19 Oct 2007

You do not need drivers for a router. You just plug it in then Start Internet Explorer and type the Address in for the Router so you can get to the Setup page Then type your User Name and Password in These are all lower case letters for talktalk. That all you need to do. The manual you got with the router should tell you what the address is, if no manual it will be on the CD they have supplied with modem. Repeat YOU DO NOT NEED DRIVERS

Buzz217 19:01 19 Oct 2007

Have a look here,

click here

woodchip 19:03 19 Oct 2007

PS you do not need to use the talktalk CD if you follow my advice. I am on talktalk

omen_peter 19:49 21 Oct 2007

Thanks woodchip, you were right. I plugged the USB adapter in again and this time it set up ok and have now got my wireless connection going, although it does seem to lose connection if my computer goes into sleep mode (I have therefore changed that setting so it shouldnt happen if I am away from the computer for a while) - hopefully!

woodchip 19:57 21 Oct 2007

Glad it sorted it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?