problem downloading images from internet

Adam Patrick 17:13 25 Oct 2003

Hi there

I'm having trouble viewing some downloaded images from the internet. I think the download itself is successful beacause when I go to My Documents/My Pictures it gives a download size of file (eg 130 KB).
The problem is when I try to view the image in My Pictures by double clicking, a message comes up saying 'No preview available'. Most images can be viewed ok but the 'ART files' for some reason cannot.
I would be grateful for some help.

VoG II 17:24 25 Oct 2003

Are you using AOL by any chance? If so you may be suffering from AOL's image compression click here

Djohn 17:57 25 Oct 2003

Strange one that VoG. Compression of graphics is not a default feature of AOL and you have to go into settings/preferences and www to enable it. Even then all pages will still load and look fine. [Just tried it].

It appears to be a way of zipping large graphic files for download and save of image, then you uncompress it when you want to view or print it. j.

VoG II 18:00 25 Oct 2003

I'm definitely not an expert on AOL. However I recall seeing this problem posed before and the solution was to disable the compression. I can't for the life of me think where or when I saw that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?